The cables solve the purpose of underwater working. The cable manufacturers have to follow the IEC standard 60288 in order to make them stable against marine animals, tsunamis or by fishermen trawls.
- These wires can withstand any temperature on land as well as seabed
- Submarine wires should have no effect on the depth of sea or ocean
- For its use in deep water, the submarine cables compile with the special protection layer.
- The submarine cables are highly thermal resistive of seabed and land
Joints and laying procedure of Submarine cables:
The testing of the cable joint is necessary before executing them under the high pressure of the sea. The joints have to pass all the insulation, dielectric and radiographic test before using the cable which gets too old or damaged.
The procedure of laying the Submarine cables is a tough laborious job and it depends on different parameters of the project. But still it can be done with the help of following steps:
- There are preliminary checks of cables on various stages while loading.
- Putting the first end of the submarine cable in the sea or ocean will be the next step after all checks.
- The next steps are to laying a cable between two terminals i.e. on and under the seabed
- At the end land the other terminal of the cable.